Mattress/Box Spring and textile Recycling - Click link below for complete details regarding Mattress/Box Spring and Textile Recycling.
Effective November 1, 2022, please be advised that the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) enacted a new mattress/box spring recycling mandate. These items are no longer accepted in weekly household trash as a bulk item. For the disposal of mattresses and box springs we encourage you to:
- If buying a new mattress, ask retailer about recycling old mattress and box spring when delivering new mattress.
- Residents can call Green Team Junk Removal at (508) 361 0519 or visit the Green Team Junk Removal website at www.gogreenteamjunk.com to schedule an appointment for curbside pick-up. Residents are responsible for curbside collection fee of $75.00 per unit payable to Green Team Junk Removal prior to collection, see Green Team Junk Removal website for payment options.
- Residents can bring old mattress and/or box spring to the mattress drop-off container located at the Canton Transfer Station (99 Pine St, Canton, MA), NO PAYMENT ACCEPTED at Transfer Station for Mattress/Box Spring Drop off. Mattress/Box Spring Drop Fee details are below.
Transfer Station hours of operation:
- April 4, 2022 to Dec. 10, 2022 from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday to Saturday.
- Winter Hours starting Dec. 14, 2022 to April 1, 2023 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Wednesday to Saturday
MATTRESS/BOX SPRING FEE must be paid PRIOR TO DROP-OFF:
Residents are responsible for drop-off fee of $40.00 per unit to be paid in person at the Department of Public Works, 801 Washington St, Town of Canton accepts cash, check, or money order. Canton Residents MUST present PAID receipt to attendant when dropping off mattress and/or box spring. Dept. Public Works Office hours of operation are:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Tuesday 7:30 AM -5:00 PM, and Friday 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Updates can be found on the Town of Canton website www.town.canton.ma.us
Further information from MassDEP can be found at https://www.mass.gov/service-details/mattress-recycling or contact the Department of Public Works, 781-821-5023
ADDITIONAL RECYCLING & WASTE INFORMATION:
For more general waste ban information please check out check out the Recycle Smart MA website (www.recyclesmartma.org/). There you can sign up for the Recycle Smart Newsletter which will keep you up to date on current waste and recycling practice.
You can find the current “Waste Ban 101” article here: (www.recyclesmartma.org/2022/08/waste-bans-101-less-trash-for-a-cleaner-mass-achusetts-newsletter/)
MassDEP also has a recycling bin location directory online. Just type in the material you wish to recycle and a list of locations will appear on the directory. “Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory” website: (www.recyclesearch.com/profile/ma).
THE ABOVE MATTRESS/BOX SPRING AND TEXTILE BAN IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE