Master Plan Implementation Committee
Master Plan Implementation Committee Responsibilities
As a long-range plan, the Canton Master Plan requires a framework that holds the Town accountable for implementing actions and empowers new volunteers and elected officials to learn about the Master Plan and how to keep the momentum moving forward.
The MPIC is established and populated by the Select Board and is responsible for coordinating and monitoring implementation of the Master Plan. It is tasked with assessing the status of specific tactical actions, evaluating priorities, and suggesting new implementation techniques where appropriate.
Responsibilities include the following:
- The MPIC meet at least quarterly, and will be the primary coordinators for gathering the information needed to track progress, with the assistance of the Town Planner.
- MPIC members contact all entities identified as lead responsible parties in the Action Plan at least once a year. The Town Planner (or MPIC designee) prepares a check sheet for each lead responsible party listing the tactical actions they are responsible for. This sheet will provide space for responsible parties to report on the status of the actions. It will also note any actions that have more than one lead agent.
- Once received, the MPIC compiles all of the responses into an Annual Master Plan Report and works with the Town Planner and lead responsible parties if there are any discrepancies. This report will also include a summary of the major successes of the past year, explanations or justifications for any actions that appear to be inconsistent with the goals and strategies of the Master Plan, implementation plans for the coming year, and recommendations, if any, on future Master Plan Updates.
- Planning Board
- Conservation Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Select Board
- Historical Commission
- Community Preservation Committee or Parks & Recreation Committee
- School Committee
- Finance Committee or Capital Planning Committee
- Citizen-at-large seat @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>