License Applications, Permits & Information
The Select Board acts as the Licensing Authority for the Town of Canton. The Executive Office, under the Select Board, facilitates the means to apply for various licenses including:
- Restaurant Operating Licenses including Common Victualler's Licenses, Liquor Pouring Licenses, Entertainment Permits, and Amusement Device Permits
- Package Store Licenses
- Car Dealership Licenses
- Taxis and Livery Licenses
- Carnival Licenses
- Yard Sale Permits
- Road Race Permits
- Permits to Sell Second Hand Articles
- One Day Event Licenses including Liquor Pouring and Entertainment
- Block Party Permits
- Movie and Film Production Permits
Please contact the Select Board's office, 781-821-5000, for more information and deadlines for application submission.
Information on obtaining licenses related to operating restaurants
Information on obtaining a license to sell cars.
Information on obtaining a license to operate a taxi or livery service.
Information on obtaining a license to sell alcohol not to be consumed on the premises.
Form and instruction on how to request road closure for a neighborhood block party
Information on how to obtain a one day entertainment permit
Application and instructions on how to apply for a special license to serve alcoholic beverages at a one day event
Application process for holding a carnival
Application process to obtain a permit for a road race.
Information on how to obtain a permit to produce a movie or film in Canton.
Application for Fuel Storage