Open enrollment occurs during the month of May and is your annual opportunity to add or change medical, dental, life and/or disability plan(s), and add or drop eligible dependents from coverage. The only other opportunity you have to make these changes is when you experience a qualifying life event such as a birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce, loss of coverage, etc. If you are currently enrolled in a plan listed and do not want to make any changes, you do not need to take any action.
If you choose to change any part of your coverage, you must do so during the Open Enrollment Period. You need to re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for the healthcare and dependent care account. During this Open Enrollment period you may:
- Apply for optional benefits: Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Cancer Insurance
- Change medical and/or dental election tier; select from individual or family coverage
- Change medical coverage, choosing between Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue New England (HMO) and Blue Care Elect (PPO)
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Enroll yourself and dependent(s) in a medical and/or dental coverage
- Terminate medical and/or dental coverage for yourself and dependent(s)
- Update your address if you have recently moved
- Update your beneficiary for your Life Insurance Policy(ies)
Additional Questions / Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about our benefits program, please email Jody Middleton or call 781-821-2936, or email Meredith Hartling, she can be reached at 339-502-5727. You can even send a fax to 781-575-6602.