The Engineering Division issues the following permits:

  • Drain Connections to Canton’s System
  • Grading Permits (Completed by a Professional Engineer and submitted with new construction plans)
  • Sewer Permits (including Construction and/or Additions of Bedrooms to houses)
  • Street Opening Permits  (Work within the Town Layout whether in asphalt or grass, etc.)
  • Trench Permits (on Public or Private Property)
  • Water Permits  

Please go to the Online Permitting Page on the Canton Website to Apply for Water, Sewer, Trench, and Street Opening Permits.  Permits may be applied for by the Contractor scheduled to perform the work.