Dig Safe / Mark out Requests

Download the Canton 311 App on all of your mobile devices

for all Mark Out Requests  and all other Service Requests needed!

Canton’s Highway Drain, Water, and Sewer Divisions do not fall under the purview of 800-Dig-Safe or 811. Requests for Drain, Water and Sewer mark outs are handled by Public Works Engineering Division using Canton 311.  Anyone requiring a mark out for services from the Town may go to the bottom of the Canton Home Page and click on the "Report a Concern" button to get the Service Request process started.  The Town of Canton has a Canton 311 App you can download on all your mobile devices for fast easy requesting of services.

Dig Safe

It’s important to know what’s below!

If you are you planning site work improvements to your yard, planting bushes or trees or installing a deck or fence, a safe job starts with a call to Dig Safe at 811 whether you are hiring a contractor or doing it yourself.

Call 811 to avoid harm to you and those around you, utility service disruptions to your entire neighborhood, and to avoid fines and repair costs. For more information visit the Dig Safe Website.

Mark Out Requests

Please provide an address and owner information, description of the work being done, contractor, if any, and most importantly, a dig safe number and dig safe start date by filling out the "Report a Concern" section of the website or by using the Canton 311 Mobile App. Engineering Staff will determine if any permits are required for the proposed work. Town mark out requests will not be issued to the Divisions for mark out until all required permits are obtained.

Town Staff has 72 hours to mark out utilities once the request clears the Engineering Office.

Helpful Resources

Helpful Documents