- Public Works
The Town of Canton Department of Public Works (DPW) is a team of 48 hard working professional Men and Women, service providers, who possess special skills and knowledge acquired through education, training, and experience, that the Residents and users of the Town of Canton rely on to solve problems, respond to emergencies, and to meet their needs.
The DPW is responsible for infrastructure maintenance, the construction and design of the Town's:
- Municipal buildings
- Public cemetery
- Public shade trees
- Sewer collections systems
- Storm water system
- Water supply and distribution facilities
Included in this infrastructure inventory are:
- 1000 intersections
- 120 mile of water pipe
- 19 municipal buildings
- 2300 catch basins
- 7 operating town wells
- 70 mile of sewer lines
- 9 sewer pump stations
- 90 miles of storm drain
- The Butch Pasquarosa Public Works Campus
- Canton Corner Cemetery
- Five water storage tanks
- Four dams
- The Pine Street Water Garage
- Two water treatment plants
- A yard waste transfer site
- Over 100 miles of public roads
Its activities include managing customer service requests, business accounts, payroll, and information processing.
The Division provides technical support and project coordination for Public Works as well as for other Town Boards, Departments, and Agencies.
Facilities & Grounds Division
It is responsible for repairs and maintenance of:
- Any other municipal facility requiring repairs
- DPW Garage
- Elliot Building
- Memorial Hall
- Pequitside Farm
- Police Station and Fire Stations 1 and 2
- Ponkapoag School
- Williams Property
Highway & Maintenance Division
It is responsible for the upkeep of:
- The Canton Corner Cemetery
- Repairing both Public Works and other Town vehicles and equipment
Water Sewer Division
The Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Town of Canton water and sanitary sewer systems.
There are no published events in current month.
- How can I dispose of my old TV and my old computer monitor?
- Where can I bring my trash that will not fit inside my barrel?
- Does my recycling get picked up on red week or blue week?
- Can I put my couch out with my regular trash?
- Where can I dispose of my yard waste?
- How do I get an additional recycling or trash barrel?