COVID-19 Informational website
For a listing of all Town Related COVID-19 posting, weekly updates from the Select Board, Governor Baker’s Orders, and additional information about the virus, please visit the following link for the CoronaVirus Information Webpage
For information and statistics on COVID19 please visit the DPH Dashboard website: Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID19 Dashboard
NOTICE OF TOWN OFFICE REOPENING
The Town of Canton has been informed that Governor Baker has lifted Phase 1 and has gone to Phase 2 of the state reopening plan, effective Monday June 8. The reopening of town offices to the public commences, (except the Senior Center and Library), with the lifting of Phase 1 and the entrance into Phase 2. Town offices are still subject to the Governor’s 25% occupancy rule and have reported to work consistent with the reopening plan and scheduling which follow the Governor’s occupancy rules. So, you may see fewer staff in the building than normal. If you have any questions about the reopening of buildings to the public call the Selectmen’s Office at 781-821-5000.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask. There are exceptions to this if medically necessary. Transactions will not be made with unmasked visitors unless there is a medical exception.
- As outlined in the reopening plan, transactions and payments are subject to a three day wait rule unless there is an emergency. Therefore, mail and packages will not be opened upon receipt but will be opened after three days. No interest will accrue on bills submitted by the due date.
- Floors will be taped for appropriate social distancing.
- Direction signs will be posted.
- Visitors will be asked for contact information (name & phone number) in case we have to track a positive virus case.
Community Tracing Collaborative
Want to be part of the COVID-19 solution? Just answer the call. If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19, the Canton Health Department and/or the COVID Community Team will be reaching out via phone to you and your close contacts to slow the spread. Please click here to read the full posting
Final Water Bill Request
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to send meter readers out to take a final reading. Please click here to complete the online form and the office staff can prepare a Final Bill for you
Council on Aging resources
As the corona virus outbreak continues, the health & safety of Canton residents remains the Town of Canton’s priority. The Council on Aging provides resources and referrals to residents of all ages. For further information please visit the COA website by clicking here
News & Announcements
Stay up to Date