CANTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Contact for the following:
- Residential plan review
permits are issued each year generating nearly $40,000 for the town.
One and Two-family Residential Smoke and CO Detector Inspections.
Please read and
homes must have a CO detector and Smoke detector on every level of the
- You must have a CO detector in basement even if it is not
habitable. It must be placed
- On levels with sleeping areas, a CO detector must be within 10 ft of every bedroom.
- Combination detectors are ok to use.
- A photoelectric smoke alarm must be used within 20 ft of a kitchen
or full bathroom.
All detectors must have simulated voice and tone alarms that
clearly distinguish between a
- If any level of the house is more than 1200 square ft, there must
be more than 1 smoke
These are just a few of the smoke and CO detector requirements that are
For a complete
list of requirements for smoke and CO detectors when selling a one or
Sign up for e-mail
announcements for Main Breaks, Hydrant Flushing or
other Water related repairs